International Space Olympiad
International Space Olympiad is an international Quiz competition on Space Science and Technology for students of Grades 5-12 and is organized by Edu Mithra Intellectual services Pvt. Ltd., every year with a mission to attract and encourage talents in the fields of space science and technology and enhance the aptitude of children in Space Science & Technology. International Space Olympiad is designed to examine the in depth knowledge of Students in various fields related to Space science and technology and honor the genuine talents with amazing prizes and laurels.
Humanity's interest in the heavens has been universal and enduring. Humans are driven to explore the unknown, discover new worlds, push the boundaries of our scientific and technical limits, and then push further. The intangible desire to explore and challenge the boundaries of what we know and where we have been has provided benefits to our society for centuries. Human space exploration helps to address fundamental questions about our place in the Universe and the history of our solar system. Curiosity and exploration are vital to the human spirit and accepting the challenge of going deeper into space will invite the citizens of the world today and the generations of tomorrow to join on this exciting journey.
International Space Olympiad is a door to the world of limitless knowledge about the space and space explorations, for the students from class 5 to class 12 and to encourage young talented minds with amazing prizes who excel in the Olympiad in different programs including workshops, quizzes and many other informative and innovative sessions handled by eminent personalities in the field of space science. It’s much about inspiring the young aspirants to dream bigger and to channel their interests in space science into the right track where they really belong to.
Space science has been grown in to a great field of importance and India is achieving heights with a pace never before. Students are the future of any nation and it’s only through the nurturing of young talents, India can achieve higher. International Space Olympiad is a venture by Edu Mithra Intellectual Services to enhance the students with interest in space science and researches, to figure out the young talents from them and to encourage them with amazing prices.
Edu Mithra International Space Olympiad will be a perfect mixture so developed to nurture the thirst for knowledge of young little scientists. International space Olympiad will bring the legends of the space science together through various programs which will be a never before experience for the students.
Students studying in Grades 5-12 all over the world can participate in International Space Olympiad. Students are sub divided into three different categories and each category will have separate competition and so are the Prizes.
The Categories are:
Category 1: ISO Juniors
The students studying in grades 5-7 fall under this category.
Category 2: ISO Seniors
The students studying in grades 8-10 belong to this category.
Category 3: ISO Super Seniors
The students studying in grades 11-12 are included in this category.
Each category has separate competitions and prizes.
How to Participate?
To participate in International Space Olympiad , All candidates must register their names online for the competition through the official website of International Space Olympiad.
EXPECTED DATE OF PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION : 2019 NOVEMBER
International Space Olympiad 2019-2020 is designed to have three rounds of competition.
In each exam candidate will answer 50 questions in 15 minutes of time. Candidate will not face any elimination at any stage. Final result will be obtained after addition of all three results.
Round 1 (Preliminary) : Syllabus 1
Round 2 ( Intermediate): Syllabus 2
Round 3 ( Final) : Syllabus 3
The Winners of each category will get a never before opportunities to visit NASA.
International Space Olympiad : About the Competition
All the Phases of International Space Olympiad will be conducted and that means the candidates can attend the competition from their schools/home and that reduces the hassles of travelling too much to attend the event.
ABOUT ONLINE EXAM
- The exam will be conducted through the website of International Space Olympiad on a particular pre-announced date and candidates can attend the exam at any time during that day by logging into the website from computers at their home/schools or where ever they can access the internet.
- There is NO Login Id and password for the candidates to attend the online examination like previous years. Instead A unique web link address will be allotted to each candidate to attend the online examination. Candidates can click on the link to take themselves to the Online Examination portal. The link will only be sent to the registered email ID of the candidate only on the day of the test. Also an online examiner with helpline number will be allotted for the online support and exam monitoring for each candidate.
- To attend the online examination, the candidates must have a computer with a webcam, A working internet connection with reasonable speed and an Internet Browser (Firefox/Google Chrome). Minimum computer knowledge is advised.
- A sample mock test will be available in the official website to familiarize the online examination procedure. Candidates can log on to the website and avail this facility.
- In the online exam, the candidates will be asked 50 multiple choice questions based on Space science and related topics. The total time allowed to complete the quiz will be 15 minutes. And a candidate can attend the test only once.